This is a follow-up to the email that went out from the club on Sunday, reminding you that the deadline for the TCC’s juried exhibition at the Academy Art Museum this fall is almost upon us. Digital images of the works you would like to submit are due by 11:45 PM on June 20. The full text of the email, including links for additional information, follows:
Call for Submissions Reminder for the Biennial TCC Exhibit
Academy Art Museum
Exhibit Dates: October 15, 2016 through November 28, 2016
This is a reminder that JPEGs of your image submissions for the AAM exhibit are due August 20, 2016 by 11:45pm.
- The theme is “Flight,” broadly interpreted. Creative and abstract interpretations are welcome. Remember to title the image appropriately if the connection to flight is not readily apparent.
- The submitted images should have been taken on or after January 1, 2014 and should not have been on exhibit elsewhere.
- Print size can range from 11×14 to 16×20 and frame size can be selected from 16×20, 18×24, 20×24 or 22×28.
- Mat color can be white, off-white or black.
- Only Furst Brothers black wood frame #399 is acceptable.
- Submit up to two image(s) as email attachments to email@example.com.
- The image(s) should be submitted as a maximum quality .JPG file, at least 11×14 in size at 300 dpi (the image will be 2 MB or more in file size).
- Title the image as follows: image title_member#_print size.jpg. There should be no spaces in the filename, and no characters other than letters, numerals and the underscore character. For example: “robin_in_flight_325_16x20.jpg”
- Include the following information for each image submitted:
- Artist name
- Image title
- Year taken
- The words “Collection of the Artist” or “On Loan from …”
- Value (the dollar amount for insurance purposes and the price you would sell it. Indicate NFS if you do not wish to sell the print but include a value for insurance purposes). The Academy takes a 25% commission for sold pieces so price accordingly.
A link to the exhibit details in pdf form is: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/a3b88ab1c3cd2595d49be873a/files/Call_for_Submissions_from_AAM_2016.pdf
If you wish to participate in this exhibit, renew your club membership for the coming year when you submit your images. You can find the club membership form here.
If you have questions, please contact Janet Kerr, Jack Upchurch, or Chris Jewett.